The conference was organized by Harbin Institute of Technology, which is conceived as an international venue for discussions and exchange of recent research outcome on microbial electrochemical technology. In this conference, we will attempt to target the most promising concepts and technologies from electrode materials to applications, from wastewater treatment to resource recovery, scale-up system, novel MET applications, and fundamental microbial process in MET and also gave an insight for the future aspects and development required. The theme of AP-ISMET is “Wiring the world with electroactive bacteria”, including the following sessions.
• Bacterial Extracellular Electron Transfer
• Omics and Synthesis Biology of Electroactive Biofilm
• Microbial Electrosynthesis of Value-added Products
• Nutrient Recovery using Microbial Electrochemical Systems
• Scaling-up of Microbial Electrochemical Systems
• Bioelectrochemical Remediation of Contaminated Environment
• Microbial Electrochemical Sensors
• A special session on electro-bioremediation will be organized based on the project between China and EU.
We warmly welcome you to join this academic feast in Harbin, China, in 2021!
Yu-Jie Feng, Ph.D.
Professor and Dean, School of Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology
Chair of 5th AP-ISMET